Compressed Air (which is actually gas?)

hetoneato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015
Hello,
I just realized I've been cleaing my PC the wrong way, using vaccuum cleaner. I've looked at some Compressed Air cans on net, but after further research, it turns out it's compressed flammable gas, which is oftenly butan. I know I'm not supposed to use them when the PC is on, and I'm not gonna, but how long do I have to wait til the gas is gone and I can turn my PC on? Or is it really small amount of gas, where I can turn my PC immediately after stopping spraying?
Thanks for answers!

Solution
dear god dont blow butane into your computer.

side note, butane evaporates very quickly. by the time you read this answer it should be safe to turn on.

you want compressed co2, not freaking butane.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
dear god dont blow butane into your computer.

side note, butane evaporates very quickly. by the time you read this answer it should be safe to turn on.

you want compressed co2, not freaking butane.

Solution

hetoneato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015

Alright, unfortunately co2 is not really cheap. Thanks, you do learn new things everyday.

hetoneato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015

Also, why shouldn't I be blowing butane into my computer?

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
because its highly flammable! and ive never heard of anyone ever doing something like that. i dont know about the liquid/conductive properties compared to co2 but i do know people dont do that. depending on the butane, there could be additives as well. its all just unknown territory. dont do it =P

you can find co2 fairly cheap online. check amazon or something.

hetoneato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015

I'm not gonna ship stuff from amazon from closest place (I guess London that is). Also, I've checked what butane is in the cans, it's some kind of special butane, not just pure butane, which evaporates very quickly and is harmless to everything in PC. However, I've found an actual compressor in my garage, I'm gonna use that I think. Thanks for help!