Question Compressed RAM

Jul 9, 2022
I have 8 gigabytes of RAM and when I'm playing Valorant, the program only uses 1.5GB of RAM while the amount of compressed RAM is 5.9GB. Does anyone know how to fix the "compressed ram" and bring it into my game? Thanks

SPECS: Amd Ryzen 5 4600H= CPU
GPU= Amd Radeon RX 5500M
RAM: 8GB

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the make and model of your laptop? Also, please check and see what your current BIOS version for said laptop is. You sure you're not interpreting 1.5GB of ram usage as the VRAM being used? What OS are you working with?

Jul 9, 2022
MSI Bravo 15
BIOS VERSION:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E16WKAMS.110, 29/10/2020

Not sure what is meant by VRAM but 5.6GB/7.4GB of my RAM is compressed and only 1.8GB is available for use.

USAFRet

Titan
I have 8 gigabytes of RAM and when I'm playing Valorant, the program only uses 1.5GB of RAM while the amount of compressed RAM is 5.9GB. Does anyone know how to fix the "compressed ram" and bring it into my game? Thanks

GPU= Amd Radeon RX 5500M
What do you mean by "fix"?

The system gives the game what it needs, commensurate with the amount of physical RAM in the system, and what the rest of the system needs.
Windows is really really good at allocating RAM for various uses.

Are you experiencing some performance issue, that is directly attributable to the amount of RAM?

GPU= Amd Radeon RX 5500M
The fix is to increase the size of ram on your laptop.
Windows always tries to have sufficient code in ram to allow you to run your apps.
If there is more demand for ram than you have available, it may try to compress some of the data(like winzip) to keep it in ram.
Unzipping may be faster than sending pages to and from the page file.

Without buying more ram, see if you can avoid running other tasks like discord or open chrome pages while you are gaming.
There may be some options in game settings for running with limited ram.