Question Computer acting weird after failed overclock

Deimantas9898

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Hi, I have bought brand new ASUS X470 F gaming motherboard. Everything was working fine until one day I tried to do some overclocking. I tried running 4GHz on all cores with 1.3v and computer hard crashed. No problem, I just restarted it and I gave bit more voltage. 1.35v this time. Just to see. And it happened again. I reset cmos and I also tried setting bios back to default. I keep getting the problem that pc boots or normally but display shows no signal. I keep rebooting a couple times more. Display is back again. But then randomly on another restart, I might get the issue no signal. And then again works normally after more reboots. Sorry if this whole story got really messy. I tried to explain what happened detailed. Any ideas what might be a problem?

Deimantas9898

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
I think I found the issue. I tried changing out my Vega 64 with RX 560 and now everything works just fine. So now I wonder what is the issue with my Vega 64. And I have new psu from Cooler Master V750 Gold. Well kinda new, just 5 months old.

Ryzen 7 2700 non x
16GB 2666mhz Ballistix DDR4
ASUS Strix Vega 64 OC edition
ASUS X470 F gaming motherboard
Cooler Master V750 80+ Gold PSU
Kingston A400 240GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD