[SOLVED] Computer automatically directly loading into BIOS

Brolller

Commendable
May 23, 2017
Everytime I turn on the PC it automatically boots into the BIOS without any input by me. I've tried disabling safe mode and that didnt do anything.

Intially, it was showing a SATA6G_6 present in the boot priority but it isnt showing that anymore after a couple of restarts. All it shows now in the boot priority now is "Linux File-CX Gadget 0409 (2MB)".

I've tried disconnecting all peripherals and restarting. I've tried disconnecting all connections and holding the power button for a minute. None of it worked.

Also everytime I launch up/restart the PC, I hear a screeching sound but it goes away after a minute or so.

Also important to note is that my power went out recently and ever since then this problem is occurring. Thought I don't see how that could be the issue as the power has went out hundreds of times while I've been using this PC and it was unaffected.

What seems to be the problem here? And how can I fix it?

Solution
Power outage might cause voltage spikes that can kill power supplies. I recommend you try to locate the sound - at least be able to tell if the sound originates from the PSU or not.