[SOLVED] Computer beeping and automatically turning off while booting

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
So my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-SP2-B3 and its has two slots for two DDR3 RAMs and i tried to install this 512 Mb DDR 400MHZ Ram on it and after installing the ram,i tried to boot up my pc but it beeps continuously and shuts itself down but even after removing the ram,it is still beeping and shutting itself down
Please help

Solution
So my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-SP2-B3 and its has two slots for two DDR3 RAMs and i tried to install this 512 Mb DDR 400MHZ Ram on it and after installing the ram,i tried to boot up my pc but it beeps continuously and shuts itself down but even after removing the ram,it is still beeping and shutting itself down
Please help
Either you tried to install 512mb ddr ram only on ddr3 slot.
use only 4gb ddr3 ram single try again.
Please help
Which exact RAM, I have never seen DDR3 with those values which fit DDR2 more.

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
Which exact RAM, I have never seen DDR3 with those values which fit DDR2 more.
I now fixed the beeping problem just by pressing the ram with brute force,now i have another problem,when i press the power button the CPU fan only moves slightly and stops and because of that it cant boot up
Plis help

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Please help
Either you tried to install 512mb ddr ram only on ddr3 slot.
use only 4gb ddr3 ram single try again.

Solution

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
Okay,let me make this clear,my motherboard supports Dual Channel DDR3 Ram and i tried to install a DDR1 512 MB Ram as i am kinda stupid,dont ask me why,a 4GB DDR3 RAM is currently installed on it,and 1 slot is still empty,so i stupidly tried to install a DDR1 512MB Ram which i took form my old pc
And the beeping problem was because of the two holders which were not properly intact
Now all of my problems are fixed
Thanks to anyone who answered my post