Question Computer Black Screen After Hardware Changes ?

Seth Dreger

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
Hey guys, I never use this site for troubleshooting, but maybe someone has some good insight! I just did a hardware swap on my pc (Asrock b450 Pro 4, Ryzen 5 3600 -> MSI B550M-VC, Ryzen 7 5800x). Once I installed all my components it booted into bios, which I realized wasn't detecting Windows on my drive, so I'm probably just going to reinstall Windows which is fine. But the main issue I'm having is after I messed around with XMP and some OC settings, my PC was just black screening. So I went ahead and reseated RAM, cables, CMOS, etc. I did take out two sticks of my ram (4x8 Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz) and it booted back to bios. Once I did that I decided to try XMP and it booted back to BIOS with the correct XMP settings. I went ahead and reinstalled the other two sticks of RAM, it was black-screening. So I thought the issue was RAM, turns out I don't believe it is because I reseated all of it, even the ones that worked on their own and it still kept black screening.

After all this, I noticed a white LED next to the 24-pin connector, it was the boot LED. I looked this up to find it meant there might be something up with my drives. I reseated my SATA cables and the light went off, thinking it would fix the issue with the screen. The screen is still black, anyone got any ideas? Feel free to ask the most basic of troubleshooting options, cause I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Thanks!

PC Specs:
Cooler Master NR600
MSI B550M-VC WIFI
Ryzen 7 5800x
Crucial Ballistix 4x8 32GB @2666mhz stock (3200mhz XMP)
Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
PNY 250GB SSD
PNY 1TB SSD
Seagate 4TB HDD
Corsair H100i 240mm
Corsair 750W PSU