Computer Black Screen

BalboBiggins

Reputable
May 8, 2014
Whenever i play a hi-Res game for about 15 minutes, the monitors just turn black then play a constant buzzing sound. I then have to hard reset the computer with the power button. Shortly after, i get the error recovery screen. i have had this problem for about 3 months and do not know what to do or who to call.

Solution
1) Click on the start button
2) Search for CMD
3) Open CMD (A black command box should pop up)
4) type in: dxdiag
5) Allow it to connect to the enternet if it needs.
6) a new window should pop up, on the top of the window there are tabs, one is called display
7) click on that tab (display) and the name of your GPU should be under the device tab, next to Name.
what do you really mean by this--- ''Whenever I play a hi-Res game '' if its the display settings then be sure that there supported set your refresh rate to whats native for the monitor. [3 spots to check settings monitor, os , and card.] if one part don't support a setting your using if could be the issue[???]

ok well then you said this--- the monitors just turn black then play a constant buzzing sound--- is it the monitor that buzzes ? also if you used like gpu-z and have it log wile your playing then when it shuts down and you have to re boot you can check that log for thing like the cards temp and voltage and see what the cards stats were at the time it quit so if it shut down and you check the log and it shows the last reading it real hot then you can say its over heating or lost voltage what ever and shutting down

BalboBiggins

Reputable
May 8, 2014
So i went an played Batman Arkham Origins and after it crashed i had checked the log. the results are about right before it "crashed"

( Date , GPU Core Clock [MHz] , GPU Memory Clock [MHz] , GPU Shader Clock [MHz] , GPU Temperature [°C] , Fan Speed (%) [%] , Memory Used [MB] , GPU Load [%] , Memory Controller Load [%] , Video Engine Load [%] , VDDC [V] ,
(2014-05-08 20:17:18 , 699.5 , 793.0 , 1399.0 , 104.0 , 95 , 906 , 99 , 39 , 0 , 1.0200 ,)

Maciek Fulton

Honorable
May 10, 2013
1) Click on the start button
2) Search for CMD
3) Open CMD (A black command box should pop up)
4) type in: dxdiag
5) Allow it to connect to the enternet if it needs.
6) a new window should pop up, on the top of the window there are tabs, one is called display
7) click on that tab (display) and the name of your GPU should be under the device tab, next to Name.

Solution

Maciek Fulton

Honorable
May 10, 2013

O God, I didn't even see the temps.....that's really high.....thats 219.2F. Try taking out the card and using a duster (air canister) to clean out the dust.