Question Computer boots then black screen after a while

Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

I know that this problem isn't uncommon but the previous topics talking about a similar problem didn't really help :

So I had this desktop computer for 6 months, worked fine, until 2 days ago where I woke up with it on a black screen

When I tried to relaunch it, seconds after the Asus booting screen, it black screen once again.

Then I tried letting it rest a bit : It seems that the more time I let it cool down (? the GPU doesn't seems hot, I checked once before the computer was running and the temp seemed ok) the longer I have until it black screen, often, the GPU start going crazy when blackscreening, but not always (Why ?)

I tried that several Times until it actually worked for the whole day (10 jours+)

Yesterday, soon after going put of sleep mode, same thing and... Same weird résolution : turns out, trying booting the computer several times after resting it seems to work after enough tries.

Today, same issue, I just bought compressed air to clean the inside of the computer, with little result, but it's likely that I did it badly.

So, in your opinion, what's the issue ? And its resolution ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022
For additional information :

When I normally presse the power buttons, thé computer shut down as expected After a des seconds when boîtes normally.

It shut down almost instantly when in the BIOS (while black screening) which is exactly what I'd expect from a normal computer.

I'm starting to believe that my computer has two issues : one about the black screening itself (HDMI cable ? Graphic card ?) another about the fans going wild (power supply ?, It's weird because thé fans actually quite rarely go wild)

It's just memeing extremly weird that both appeared at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS