[SOLVED] Computer boots with one long beep every startup

Dec 17, 2020
Hi everybody !

My PC is booting with a long beep (code 2b) before moving on with the "all ok" short beep just afterwards.

My computer is running fine in games or in benchmark.

Any idea what could it be ? My motherboard is the Gibabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.x).

I don't exactly remember when it started but the 4 latest modifications I made was:
  • Added 2 more stick of RAM (bought the same sticks as before, so I have 4 DDR4 3200mhz memory sticks) for a total of 64Gb
  • New NVME M2 SSD drive (Samsung EVO 970 plus 1to)
  • New graphic card (GTX 30xx serie)
  • New screen (1440p on display port)

I tried changing the display port link by an hdmi one and nothing changed.

When I tried removing the 2 new RAM sticks the long beep was still here but the code was 29 instead of 2b.

If you want to have a look at the booting sequence, here is a little video of it:

View: https://youtu.be/f_gtCvsCSA4

Thanks a lot for your help !

Solution
Have you tried resetting your BIOS? There should be 2 exposed "Clear CMOS" pins somewhere below your RAM. Bridge those for a few seconds (make sure those are the right ones) and then boot.
  1. Install your new RAM again
  2. Clear CMOS
  3. Boot up your PC again
It should work, i had the same problem multiple times on different boards and it always resolved the issue.

Bartfratze

Commendable
Nov 11, 2020
Have you tried resetting your BIOS? There should be 2 exposed "Clear CMOS" pins somewhere below your RAM. Bridge those for a few seconds (make sure those are the right ones) and then boot.
  1. Install your new RAM again
  2. Clear CMOS
  3. Boot up your PC again
It should work, i had the same problem multiple times on different boards and it always resolved the issue.

Solution