Computer can't detect Ethernet cable

moburu

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
So I recently moved my computer into my dorm and after I had it all set up I turned it on, everything seemed to be looking fine, but I couldn't connect to the Internet. When I used Windows' troubleshooting tool, it told me to plug in an ethernet cable. After trying to plug in two different cables, and using two different wall jacks with each of them, it still told me to plug in an ethernet cable. So I then tried rolling back the drivers, which didn't work, and updating the drivers to their most recent version, which also didn't work(this seems to be the cause of most similar problems, which is why I'm so confused). So I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there anything else that could be the issue here, or is my LAN adapter just busted? I was worried that maybe it got damaged during the move, but I wasnt sure. Also, if it is just busted, would buying a USB-to-ethernet adapter be a suitable fix? Thanks.

(If it's of any help, I have an ASUS M9A57 R2.0 mobo with a Realtek 8111F LAN adapter)