Computer completely locks up on me shortly after booting to Windows 10

Jun 2, 2018
So I built my own pc about a year ago. Haven't really had any issues at all until the other day. I was using it and all of a sudden Windows completely locks up. My mouse stops working, keyboard stops working.. everything completely freezes.

I tried remoting into the machine (via Remote Desktop) and the computer wouldn't respond to the connection request.

As far as I know, no new updates took place. The most recent update was a Windows update the day or two prior to the freeze. Now, I can't have the PC turned on for more than 5 minutes without it freezing.

I've checked my part usages via Task Manager (up until it freezes), and everything looks healthy to me.

My specs are the following:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

MOBO: Asus Crosshair VI Hero

RAM: 16GB DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI OC

PS: EVGA SuperNOVA 650

SSD: Crucial MX300 1TB 3D NAND SATA M.2

HDD: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA WD10EZEX - OEM

Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2

BIOS Version: 3502 x64

Windows Version: Windows 10 Home v1803. OS build 17134.48

Note: I dont use the HDD for anything. Windows 10 is installed to the SSD and pretty much everything is saved there as well.

I'm a bit perplexed as this issue seemed to happen out of the blue. It is a bit troublesome to debug/diagnose so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried rolling back my windows version. I have also grabbed the temps just as the computer froze, those temps are here: https://imgur.com/a/406TkK9

Jun 2, 2018
Should I be able to run that in safe mode? Im not entirely sure how to run that since I would need to download/install it, and I cant keep my pc on long enough to do those tasks.

Hi

You need a working pc and a Cd-R or usb memory stick to install memtest86 on .

Then boot off the cd or usb which may require a change to boot order in uefi or bios
Safe mode with networking may make your system stable while downloading software

Or try booting with only one memory stick at a time

Is 16 GB 2 or 4 memory modules

Regards
Mike Barnes