Computer Consistently Crashes Under Stress Even After Everything Was Replaced

Mythrillist

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
My computer continually crashes whenever I place it under stress, I.E. Gaming. The computer, I have had for a while, and the whole issue started once I bought two sticks of 4GB Ballistix RAM and installed it. Since then the computer crashes under the stress of playing games or simply doing too many burdensome things at one time. Here recently I began systematically replacing nearly EVERYTHING in my computer: GPU, PSU, Motherboard, CPU, and have even taken out the two sticks of 4GB Ballistix RAM, and yet the problem still persists. The only thing I haven't replaced in my computer is my hard drive, but that has loyally served me since the computer was first made.

I have run Memstat and it showed no errors in my memory at all. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated drivers multiple times, have even reinstalled Windows 7 on multiple occasions, the temp readings never seem to go into the danger zone for my hardware, and I do not, nor have not overclocked. All in all, I have spent over $500 in upgrading my computer to hopefully fix the issue which is sadly... still as present as ever.

I would really love some help here because I have spent so much on this wonderful machine and now I can't even use it to its full potential.

Nevertheless, here are the specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: AMD Radeon r9 280x
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
PSU: BXP600
RAM: 1x 2GB Corsair, 2x 4GB Ballistix (I have tried interchanging these three. No matter the combination the problem still occurs)
Hard Drive: 1TB

Mythrillist

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014

But can a HDD really end up making a computer do a full-scale crash? This isn't a blue-screen or anything of that nature, it just dies with no warning.
I know the HDD is the only thing I haven't replaced, but I honestly didn't think it would be capable of doing something like that.

Tyree Walker

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
It could. If something is wrong with the computer, than its the components. To really know you need to try other parts, you have replaced everything except hardrive and its still crashing... only one part left. Try it. If it doesn't work and its something else than you have additional storage :)