Computer Crash and No Display

Nov 15, 2018
Hello, my PC will not display anything to my monitor after a random crash while playing Fortnite. I cannot launch into BIOS as it will not display this. On a side note, I had recently updated my NVIDIA drivers to the newest Battlefield V release and also had updated to the newest Windows insider build, including its new malicious software removal tool under the Windows update panel. The crash happened within 15-30 minutes of playing and my temps within my build typically lay around 40-55 C while under heavier loads, and around 70 C while doing prime95. My build is not OC'd. The lights on my mobo and gpu have their LED's lit upon boot up and all fans are spinning, besides the psu which spins up for a few seconds and then turns off. I have had no issues with this build besides a few lockups early in the build due to what I thought were driver conflictions as they resolved after numerous updates. This build is around 8 months old.

Specs
Windows 10 Education (Newest Windows Insider build)
Gigabyte 2080ti windforce edition GPU
Asus Z370-E mobo
Corsair RM850x PSU
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz 32gb ram (8x4)
Samsung 960evo M.2 SSD for bootup/WD black 1tb for storage
Intel i7 8700K

Troubleshooting attempts
I have tried an Asus ROG STRIX 1080 I had in place of my 2080ti to see if it was failing and came to no resolution. I have tried different monitors. I have tried to unplug my psu and hold the power button while off to try to discharge the caps. I have tried removing my ram down to 16gb, no fix.

Update 1: I tried another type4 slot on my psu, still not working. My monitor does wake up upon startup, though I do still receive the "DisplayPort no signal" message. I have also tried the DisplayPort on my mobo and no image either.

I appreciate any help, thank you!

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
You said you have 32gb of ram. Is that 4x8? If it’s 4x8 try using just one stick at a time. Try it in different slots. I’d also try unplugging the drives and the gpu and just try booting to BIOS with one stick of ram installed.

Nov 15, 2018
I do have 4x8, sorry for not specifying that. I tried all different sticks and different slots to no avail. I failed to mention that my computer crashed a few days ago in a similar fashion: looped audio with a single frame on the display. A reboot settled this issue. I was playing Forza Horizon 4 on max in 2k, 100% gpu usage for a few hours. Temps remained around 50 for the cpu and 70s for the gpu.

On a side note, my keyboard now remains constantly lit which is unusual. There is no HDD activity from the LED. I also tried to boot up without m.2 in and without my gpu in while having the monitor plugged straight into the mobo, the monitor reacts for a second but then displays the same no displayport message. I tried another PCIE slot as well with no results.