Question Computer Crash/Freezing during cutscenes

MaTTiMeX

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
So during cut scenes for video games ranging from World of Warcraft to FFXIV my computer will randomly freeze or crash. Sometimes the screen goes black like my video card has conked out and I can still hear music playing and my Discord on, but I can't respond to anyone on it. There doesn't seem to be any specific thing that triggers it that I can tell. Other times the entire PC will freeze right up and I have to restart it as well. Sometimes the display seems like it freezes up and I can still hear a cut scene playing still. Sometimes when it freezes it makes one really weird nose through my headset that I can't even describe, almost like the last sound playing is caught in some weird death loop? I really don't know. Sorry!

If you need specific logs, please ask and i'll provide anything you need that may help. This has been going on for awhile and its getting to the point i'm really sick of having to reboot everytime I want to get through a cut scene. (Especially FFXIV 'cause there is a lot! Lol)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

KenshiroHnK

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2016
well thats weird. make sure you have latest drivers or clean install. look for updates on your DX, have you tried playing a video in your computer with any video player ? do you ahve some free storage in your hdd ? im not sure about your problem but there are some things to try and not that hard to do.

MaTTiMeX

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
well thats weird. make sure you have latest drivers or clean install. look for updates on your DX, have you tried playing a video in your computer with any video player ? do you ahve some free storage in your hdd ? im not sure about your problem but there are some things to try and not that hard to do.
Lots of space on the HDD, no issues with any video player at all. Drivers are up to date for video card as well. I've tried a clean install as well before. Checked for windows updates as well and DX updates and nothing. It's super confusing.

KenshiroHnK

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2016
Lots of space on the HDD, no issues with any video player at all. Drivers are up to date for video card as well. I've tried a clean install as well before. Checked for windows updates as well and DX updates and nothing. It's super confusing.
damn. give permissons in firewall and anti virus just to try something else. i have no clue what could be i played bfore ffxiv never had that problem. check your temps in your computer. also remove your ram and video card clean both with somethign soft just remove the dust. and install again in your motherboard. see if helps.