Computer crashed mid-bios update, no signal going to display and storage light stuck on

Jan 3, 2019
Hello,
I have had my PC for about 2 weeks now where it ran significantly well (With no crashes) before i made the unfortunate mistake of attempting to update my Mobo BIOS through a software mentioned in it's manual (MSI Live-Updater 6); the update reached about 40% then blue-screened (I did not see the particular error)

Attempting to turn it on results in my monitor not detecting any input (Plugged into either GPU or Mobo has the same result) and the light on the case indicating when my Hard Drive is in use remains on. There are also no post code beeps being made, and RGB lights on parts that have them are on.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
GPU: Gigabyte RX580 8GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)
PSU: EVGA G3 550W 80+Gold
HardDrive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

Thank you in advance!

Solution
NEVER use that app to update your BIOS. In the past they've caused more RMA's than the amount of snow fall in USA(pun intended). In your motherboard's manual, page 41, you have an option for BIOS FlashBack+ using that will help regain the functionality of your board.

Hope that helps!
;)

Lutfij

Titan
NEVER use that app to update your BIOS. In the past they've caused more RMA's than the amount of snow fall in USA(pun intended). In your motherboard's manual, page 41, you have an option for BIOS FlashBack+ using that will help regain the functionality of your board.

Hope that helps!
;)

Solution
Jan 3, 2019

Thank you for responding so quickly.
Quickly became aware after the fact that updating the bios through LU6 was a huge mistake, as I had scouted the forums for a solution for a few hours before posting.

I did read through that while trying to find a solution on my own, and attempted it shortly after i made the post. Was met with 3 flashes of red and then no activity, which the manual unfortunately doesn't detail further. I'm certain that i've followed the instructions and steps given accurately (such as renaming the BIOS file to MSI.ROM and having the drive formatted to FAT32). Is there anything that you might be able to suggest as to what this means or any other steps to take?

Thanks again.

Edit: Issue resolved, used flashback function