computer crashes problem

comlee

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
hello members,
i am having a hard time dealing with my system crashing. It started with random crashes since it is fairly old system and the psu and cpu fan were getting old so i thought dat is the problem, i replaced the psu and got a new cpu cooler.the computer was still crashing. then i put a new ram and a new hard drive the system still crashes. the system will boots and sometine run fine but sometimes it suddenly goes off. now all i can think of is motherboard and cpu itself but on the other hand the system wont run if motherboard and cpu were faulty right? and i am not getting any BSOD. i could think of the psu but then again i think psu is giving enough power for my system specs. Member please shed some light. and i dont game too.

my current specs are
CPU- core i3 2120
MOB- gigabyte H61m D2h
PSU- corsair VS 450 watt
RAM-4 gb
hard drive- 2tb
GPU- geforce gtx 750ti

comlee

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

the 4GB ram ddr3 1333 mhz, and this the one which is compatible with my motherboard,...so u r saying the psu is the possible cause, but i thought it is enough for the specs ihave

I'm not saying that at all.
I was just adding that's it's not a unit of best quality, but since it's new it shouldn't produce an immediate error.
so you cross checked brand and series of you RAM with the board compatibility list?

also check the temperatures of your CPU & GPU & board, could be a safety shut down because something is overheating

furthermore if you changed anything in the bios settings, try resetting it

comlee

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

thanks for the early reply..i am waiting for a new 8gb RAM, i will replace the old 4gb one with this the new one......my only conccern is dat it should not be a cpu or motherboard problem or else it would bbe very costly to upgrade

comlee

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hello members, today I swap the old 4gb ram with the new 8gb but the problem still there, one thing I have noticed that in my locality the voltage is usually low , could it be for low voltage that my system crashes and my ups is not supplyin enough power , if it is not the cause than it comes down to cpu and motherboard. I dissembled the computer and check the motherboard it seems ok and I check the cpu temperature it is also good. Now I have no clue what could be possible reason behind.I request the members to share some solution to this