Question Computer crashes then reboots randomly when playing games (black screen with distorted game colours then reboot)

Sep 9, 2021
I have no clue if this is the right thread for my issue so sorry if this clutters it.

The issue is:
- I am playing undemanding games like rocket league and fifa. Then after a time that seems to vary every time from first game of several games in my screen will blacken with distorted streaks of the game colour, then reboot. And weirdly it has not happened with more demanding games (yet) like warzone.

My build is:
CPU = AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM = 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600MHz DDR4, DRAM
OS = Windows 10
Graphics = MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SUPRIM X
Motherboard = ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus (WI-FI)
Power Supply = Corsair RM850 80+ gold certified

I built this PC three days all parts brand new, plenty of airflow with Lian Li Mesh 2. There is a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 cooling the cpu with 6 fans creating airflow for the case; 3 on the front of case, one intake on top and an exhaust on top with another exhaust at the back. So I'd be worried if temperature was an issue.

As said, it is a 2 day old PC that has already created a very regular issue so would love to get is solved as quickly as possible if anyone has any ideas?

thanks a lot!

So when you built the pc, did you go to the motherboard support site and download the bios, chipset , audio, lan, sata, etc drivers? Where did you get the win10 from? What version of windows are you using? What nvidia driver are you using. Are you using geforce experience?

Sep 9, 2021
Cheer for the help,

I'm told I just have standard windows 10 and i did go get the drivers from the motherboard bios pretty sure you got the latest driver for graphics card too. I do have geForce exsperience.

Anything you can make from that?

TRENDING THREADS