Question Computer Crashing - Not sure what cause

freeyorick

Prominent
Feb 1, 2023
My friends computer has been crashing for the past few weeks, however has been crashing more frequently recently. Its at the point that he crashing just loading up chrome now. I will try to relay as much information as i can get from him, it just may be delayed as he somehow doesn't understand how computers work despite being a software engineer. Its often like pulling teeth to get it out of him. Any help would be appreciated, just let me know what info you need to better assist. Might i add this was built roughly an year and a half ago.

His PC Specs:
CPU - AMD Rysen 9 5900x 3.7 GH
Motherboard - MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3200 CL16
GPU - EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 8GB (USED)
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular
Case - Phanteks Esclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower
Storage - Seagate Barracuda 4TB & Samsung Evo Plus 500GB SSD

Lutfij

Titan
By crash do you mean the system reboots with a BSoD or the system just locks up being unresponsive to any input?

No offense, but if you want your troubleshooting process to go smoother, the system needs to be in your possession to avoid as much latency as possible.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? You've stated the GPU is used, what was in the build prior to the RXTX3070? How old is the PSU in your build? X.M.P enabled in BIOS? Rams populating slots A2 and B2 on motherboard?

freeyorick

Prominent
Feb 1, 2023
By crash do you mean the system reboots with a BSoD or the system just locks up being unresponsive to any input?

No offense, but if you want your troubleshooting process to go smoother, the system needs to be in your possession to avoid as much latency as possible.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? You've stated the GPU is used, what was in the build prior to the RXTX3070? How old is the PSU in your build? X.M.P enabled in BIOS? Rams populating slots A2 and B2 on motherboard?
I understand its much easier if i had access to the system myself, but sadly i don't have physical access. When i say crashing i mean fully shutting off. BIOS version is E7C56AMS.AB0. He has no clue as he purchased it secondhand online, PSU is new when built so roughly 1.5years. X.M.P appears to be enabled, ram is in slots A2 and B2.