Computer crashing when starting up games.

Oct 4, 2018
Computer crashing when starting up games.

Recently my computer has been crashing after trying to load up games like Arma 3, Total War Shogun, Rainbow Six Siege and etc but playing games like minecraft or the older total wars seemed to be fine. Just 3 days ago it was working fine.

Specs:
Gigabyte GTX 970 4gb
i5 7600 3.5ghz (but runs at 4 most of the time)
8gb RAM DDR4-2132 from Corsair
Motherboard: H270 Pro4

Here's a picture of GPU-Z, CPU-Z and Hwmonitor:
https://imgur.com/a/nS2jOpE

I've ran prime95, furmark and hdtune and none of them crashed and everything seemed fine.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm going out soon to purchase new parts and I need to know which components are malfunctioning and need to be replaced.

If your stress tests worked. I am guessing it's some sort of RAM failure. As time passes by, more Windows apps require more RAM, as well as most apps including games if they aren't patched well or patched at all for that matter.

Try to keep track of RAM usage while gaming, and get back to me.

Oct 4, 2018

I tried running furmark and prime95 at the same time and it crashed my PC. The guy that was helping me over at /r/techsupport suggested that I start by replacing my power supply.

You could bring your PSU to an electronics store or to an electrician so that they can test it with a Watt Meter and see if it's faulty or not.