[SOLVED] Computer disconecting from internet using a switch

Aug 14, 2020
So I have to computers conected via ethernet cable.

Those conections come from a switch thats connected to my modem.

One of my computers usually looses conection for smalls intervals of time, like for a min, but it's really annoying when i'm streaming or gaming.

It only happens on one of the computers, the other one never looses conection.

I've changed the cables and the switch and still happens, but I don't know what else to check because it looses conection for such an small window of time and when is up is all good.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can have your opionion but almost all these small switches use one of 2 chips mostly from broadcom. The chips are asic based no software/firmware so you would see issues in many brands. You will not find any of these consumer grade switches that actually manufature their own chipsets Nobody uses a cpu based solution and firmware anymore. Now if you have some information that says they are using some other chipset than other vendors that I would like to see.
Aug 14, 2020
Is a TRENDnet TEG-S50g, both pcs are connected 24/7, only one disconnects randomly. Actually the one that keeps disconecting is the better pc

It is highly unlikely it is the switch. These boxes have been around for years now and they pretty much have all the bugs worked out. The so called "green" features always bother especially on device you have no ability to disable the feature.

What I would do is leave a constant ping run in a background window to both your router IP and maybe the other PC that has no problems.

You should see data loss if there is some problem with your pc, the cable or maybe the switch. If it is the so called "power save" feature just leaving a constant ping to the router running in a background windows may prevent it from reducing the power.

It is highly unlikely it is the switch. These boxes have been around for years now and they pretty much have all the bugs worked out. The so called "green" features always bother especially on device you have no ability to disable the feature.

What I would do is leave a constant ping run in a background window to both your router IP and maybe the other PC that has no problems.

You should see data loss if there is some problem with your pc, the cable or maybe the switch. If it is the so called "power save" feature just leaving a constant ping to the router running in a background windows may prevent it from reducing the power.

I have to politely disagree with the first part "all bugs are worked out".
It depends on brand, model, firmware.

You can have your opionion but almost all these small switches use one of 2 chips mostly from broadcom. The chips are asic based no software/firmware so you would see issues in many brands. You will not find any of these consumer grade switches that actually manufature their own chipsets Nobody uses a cpu based solution and firmware anymore. Now if you have some information that says they are using some other chipset than other vendors that I would like to see.

Solution
Aug 14, 2020

Thanks for the answer, how can I leave a constante ping? Ima try that. Do you have a link with guide?

Cheers

No one was to know the type of switch without asking, you are correct for unmanaged switches (which wasnt determined), managed switches are different. Appreciate your feedback