Computer does hard reboot after installing Nvidia drivers on Windows 10

Jay_168

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I am building several crypto currency mining rigs and I am having this problem on multiple machines. I get Windows 10 installed, update it fully to the latest version.. then shut down and plug in 1 GPU.. I install the nvidia drivers.. no problems. Then I shut the PC down, plug in the rest of the GPU's (6 total) and start it back up. Windows installs and recognizes the cards, but as soon as I try to put the computer under any load it does a hard reboot. I have re-installed windows several times on several different hard drives.. wondering if someone may know of a solution.

MSI Z270 Krait Gaming mobo
i3 Kaby Lake
4gb Ram
120GB hdd
6 x EVGA 1060 6gb cards
Thermaltake Toughpower 1375W psu

All parts are brand new, and GPU's have been tested on a working rig.

Bios has been updated, settings for PCI subsystem are at Gen1 and 4G enabled for crypto mining. Totally puzzled with this one.. I have 4 other machines running fine.. but these two are giving me grief.. starting to think I have some faulty mobo's here.. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!
Jay

Solution
Turns out it was a compatibility issue with an older version of Windows 10. The install media was version 1511.. needed to wait for it to update to the most current version and it worked. Windows 10 is a pain... so annoying that you can't just install one update after another.. It SAYS its fully updated.. but its NOT... it takes almost a full 24 hours for it to finally install the most recent version... ugh... I should have went with skylake's and win7.. lol

Jay_168

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Turns out it was a compatibility issue with an older version of Windows 10. The install media was version 1511.. needed to wait for it to update to the most current version and it worked. Windows 10 is a pain... so annoying that you can't just install one update after another.. It SAYS its fully updated.. but its NOT... it takes almost a full 24 hours for it to finally install the most recent version... ugh... I should have went with skylake's and win7.. lol

Solution