[SOLVED] Computer does not post, VGA light on

KirbysHammer

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016
My computer has been refusing to post. As of 4 hours ago, the system was working just fine.

I then had a game crash. Then the AMD software was reporting the GPU as being 99% utilized despite literally nothing running on the PC. I closed everything I could in task manager and it still was reporting 99% usage. (Task manager notably did not report 99% usage)

So I rebooted the system thinking it would be an easy fix, but it failed to post. The bios reset, and it worked perfectly (booting into windows), except my XMP profile was off. So I turned that back on, and the computer decided not to post again.

Then the bios kept resetting itself as I tried to figure out wth was going on. I left it for a while, reseating the memory. I've also tried resetting the CMOS.

The VGA light on my motherboard is now on when I try to turn the computer on. Is this a graphics card issue? What could possibly be happening? Nothing smells bad.

The graphics card is warm when I turn the system on, but I get no video.

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus pro wifi B450
motherboard
32GB DDR4-3200 memory
Powercolor Red Dragon RX-5700 XT
650w powerspec power supply

My computer has been refusing to post. As of 4 hours ago, the system was working just fine.

I then had a game crash. Then the AMD software was reporting the GPU as being 99% utilized despite literally nothing running on the PC. I closed everything I could in task manager and it still was reporting 99% usage. (Task manager notably did not report 99% usage)

So I rebooted the system thinking it would be an easy fix, but it failed to post. The bios reset, and it worked perfectly (booting into windows), except my XMP profile was off. So I turned that back on, and the computer decided not to post again.

Then the bios kept resetting itself as I tried to figure out wth was going on. I left it for a while, reseating the memory. I've also tried resetting the CMOS.

The VGA light on my motherboard is now on when I try to turn the computer on. Is this a graphics card issue? What could possibly be happening? Nothing smells bad.

The graphics card is warm when I turn the system on, but I get no video.

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus pro wifi B450
motherboard
32GB DDR4-3200 memory
Powercolor Red Dragon RX-5700 XT
650w powerspec power supply

Post the exact model of your PSU... what you listed there is quite vague. It's a microcenter in house brand, so I won't expect it to be that great.

Solution