Question Computer doesent detect devices

May 19, 2022
Just picked up this computer from a friend. He recently reset it to the point where I need to still go through the setup. I put a mouse in the 2.0 USB and it for some reason under the USB devices says 2 mice in the bios? And it doesn't detect my keyboard at all either. When I actually try to continue the setup, the mouse then isn't detected so I can't complete the process of installing windows.

Asus B350 Plus
Ryzen 3 1200

May 19, 2022
What happens if you connect the mouse to other USB port?
Tried that. Still shows there is two mice in the bios. I posted the question on another forum and they say it may be because its a gaming mouse with macros but its just a corsair harpoon. I've tired 2.0 and 3.0 ports and nothing. It lights up then turns off once I get to windows setup

May 17, 2022
Just picked up this computer from a friend. He recently reset it to the point where I need to still go through the setup. I put a mouse in the 2.0 USB and it for some reason under the USB devices says 2 mice in the bios? And it doesn't detect my keyboard at all either. When I actually try to continue the setup, the mouse then isn't detected so I can't complete the process of installing windows.

Asus B350 Plus
Ryzen 3 1200

I had nothing but problems with B350 motherboards (Gigabyte in my case). I switched to an ASUS board after BIOS upgrade #40 for Gigabyte, I think) I did some serious upgrading to a Ryzen7 5700. The problem still exists. I happen to show duplicate programs on the start menu. The only possible solution is to reset CMOS on the motherboard and start clean. Check your manual for that motherboard's specific requirements. I don't know is you are dealing with standard BIOS or UEFI

May 19, 2022
I had nothing but problems with B350 motherboards (Gigabyte in my case). I switched to an ASUS board after BIOS upgrade #40 for Gigabyte, I think) I did some serious upgrading to a Ryzen7 5700. The problem still exists. I happen to show duplicate programs on the start menu. The only possible solution is to reset CMOS on the motherboard and start clean. Check your manual for that motherboard's specific requirements. I don't know is you are dealing with standard BIOS or UEFI
Reset the cmos again and it works with a different keyboard. Another issue though, I load into my ssd with windows install and then the keyboard and mouse lights turn off like there's no power anymore to them