Karma_727

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
GPU: Geforce RTX 2070 Super, formerly Geforce 1070
CPU: Intel i7 9700
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390UD
PSU: Corsair RMx Series 1000 watt , formerly EVGA 750 GQ 750 watt
Windows 10

About a month ago my GPU would crash while gaming. The signal to the monitor would be lost, but the sound would remain. In order to fix it I had to reseat everything I could inside of my computer. A couple of weeks ago I had the same issue, but this time the signal never came back. After some research, I learned that my PSU might be the problem, so I bought a new one and installed. However, the problem still persists. My computer doesn't recognize either my old GPU or my new one. The lights come on and the fans spin, but it doesn't appear in my device manager. All of my parts are new, and I highly doubt that I have two bad PSUs. Is there anything else that could be causing my problem, and if so how would I go about fixing it?

Update: I tested both of my graphics cards in my brother's pc and they both work just fine. My motherboard and PSU are both brand new, since I thought replacing them would fix my problem. I doubt that I'm unlucky enough to have two failed mobos/psus, so the problem must be software, right? Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020
Hi,

Well, unfortunately it seems that the problem might be your mobo :/

Do you have means to test your components in another system? I'd do that before getting to a definitive conclusion.