Question Computer doesn't turn but the motherboard is getting power!

Jul 17, 2019
I have a problem which I'm not able to resolve for about 2 months even the technical person can't able to find the problem the person said that the motherboard, power supply are working fine even the RAM works fine The motherboard get powered by the PSU but when I press the power on switch, it doesn't turn on (no fans are spinning, no POST, neither beeps..) just like I didn't press the switch. I tried to short to power the PC but it didn't boot just like i didn't press the power button. The PC is about 10 months old. I even send to the vendor he said every component works fine.Hope someone will solve my problem.

SPEC:
Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
CPU Cooler : Stock cooler
GPU : AMD Vega 11 (IGPU)
Motherboard : Asus ROG B350-F gaming motherboard
BIOS : Version 4801
RAM : Adata XPG Gammix D10 ( AX4U2400W4G16-SRG ) 8GB( 4GB x 2) DDR4 2400MHz
PSU : Corsair VS550 500-Watt Power Supply
Storage : Toshiba 3200RPM 500GB SATA II HDD
Case : Corsair SPEC 2 carbide Case

Jul 17, 2019
Oh ok, i didn't see mentioned ya updated bios, didn't chase up bios version.

So you've updated bios so it was working at one stage? How did you update bios?

The PC works very fine till 25 may 2019 and I used to update the bios and drivers to the latest so I will check every time for any updates Yes the PC works fine and the BIOS is works with AMD raven CPU. The next day I tried to turn on the PC but it doesn't turn off but the Motherboard RGB and power LED lights when I turn on the power but when I press or short to turn on the PC it doesn't. It uses Windows 10 latest version at that time BTW. CPU case fan didn't spin and the case fans too.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well one component in your system obviously isn't working. Makes it hard imagining what it could be if this technician reckons motherboard and psu is fine. I would point the finger toward the motherboard at this point.

Assemble the system outside the case to rule out any case shorts.

Jul 17, 2019
Well one component in your system obviously isn't working. Makes it hard imagining what it could be if this technician reckons motherboard and psu is fine. I would point the finger toward the motherboard at this point.

Assemble the system outside the case to rule out any case shorts.
It works because I see my PC works I mean boots in their service center . I took my PC to the service center they plug my PC and it works they didn't even open my PC but in my home it doesn't boot in their service center it works they didn't even open my case. On top on that I've send my motherboard to asus service center with my CPU they said it works fine and gave my motherboard back.They didn't charge me for that.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So you see windows loads at the service centre but not at home.

Do you have a graphics card installed? Im confused here, the only difference would be how you hook things up. Be it video cable in the wrong spot or monitor isn't set to the correct input.

You haven't listed a graphics card in your specs so i assume you don't have a discrete graphics card but if you do and forgot to mention it then try the graphics card because the motherboard's video ports can be disabled if a gpu is installed.

Jul 17, 2019

Do you have a graphics card installed? Im confused here, the only difference would be how you hook things up. Be it video cable in the wrong spot or monitor isn't set to the correct input.

You haven't listed a graphics card in your specs so i assume you don't have a discrete graphics card but if you do and forgot to mention it then try the graphics card because the motherboard's video ports can be disabled if a gpu is installed.

LOL I've mentioned my GPU amd vega 11 integrated graphics its an APU and I'm not talking about getting no visual in monitor I'm talking about my PC doesn't turn on the CPU doesn't spin nither the case fans but the motherboard gets power sine the motherboard RGB and power LED illuminates. I checked the PSU and its working fine.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Difference would be how and which cables they plug at the back of the case? Are they testing with your cables and monitor? Or are they just given the case?

How many times have you gone there and they show you it works?

Sorry im at a loss here.