Question Computer freezes and reboots when playing

May 10, 2019
Okay, so I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year. I have almost build my computer again because of this issue. So for example I'll be playing something and then all of the sudden my game will freeze and then the computer will shut down and restart and I'll have to sign back into windows again. This is very spontaneous. Sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to see this issue or sometimes maybe 40 mins.

These are my specs.
CPU - i7-6700k
GPU - EVGA 1080 sc
Mobo - MSI H110M Gaming
PSU - Corsair HX850i Platinum
Ram - Corsair 2x8 Vengeance Pro 3000 MHz
Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Plat 120mm

So at first I thought it was a heat prob and my old case was to small so I went out and bought another one with alot more air flow. Still ended up doing this issue. So I was looking at my temps saw my GPU was running around 82c when gaming so I reached out to EVGA and told them about this and they told me to re do the paste and then I asked for thermal pads. I did both of these things. And got my card to 72c when i play games now. But this issue still happens. Also all my drivers are updated.

So now onto the PSU I was reading that maybe a PSU could cause the issue and I cheaped out on my last one. So I thought okay. Maybe that's the real issue here. So I went out and got this new one. The issue didnt happen again until like 2 days later. So I dont think its thats.

My next thing was was the ram. It was getting old and it wasnt fitting with the RGB theme that I am going with and heard that faulty ram could be an issue as well. So i decided to bite the bullet and get the new sticks. The next day. I crashed 3 times in 4 hours.

Keep in mind this only happens when I am gaming. I reached out Microsoft just in case it may be a windows issue. And after there ideas nothing worked.

So my last 3 pieces I have left to replace are my CPU, GPU and mobo. I hope you guys can shed some light on this issue. It's the most annoying when I am playing a game just to freeze and reboot and to have to open everything back up to get into the game. Also my BIOS is updated.

Thank you guys!

Probably a corrupt windows, what's the chances you can install windows 10 on a different drive (removing old drives)
then install the 1 game that you have problems with
Fresh Install would confirm software problem or not. - but this does take time, but simple to do, if you have space on another hdd/ssd to do it with
if it isn't the problem, you can delete it.