Question Computer freezes and Windows 10 locks up.

Kaairi

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
Hello!
So I came across this issue where my computer will randomly lock up and freezes. No BSOD, I'm able to move the mouse, and open Task Manager, but task manager's information does not update at all, showing the cpu at 0% and the gpu and -1%
When my computer did lock up, I was watching a Youtube video and it paused and began to buffer, my Discord became unresponsive, then it did the above described.
The only way out of it is a hard reset of the computer.
Temperatures are fine for both CPU and GPU. I just updated my GPU drivers after the crash to see if it will help out with anything, and I just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics without any issues to report.
I did look in Event Viewer, and besides the "System did not cleanly shut down" error, nothing looks out of the ordinary.
This has happened on two separate occasions, and the only common thing I was doing at the time between the two incidences was talking on Discord and having Google Chrome open. I have not had this happen while playing games such as Valorant, FFXIV, and Apex.
What would potentially cause this issue?

Specs:
• Ryzen 5800x
• Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus
• EVGA RTX 3070Ti
• 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 MHZ
• Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
• WD Black 500GB SSD (Boot Drive)
• Windows 10
Corsair RM850X PSU

Speccy (If that helps): http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5SVicFFEXjS8O40W3kkLeBm

usually when encountering this issue it has been due to a corrupt OS.
nothing caused by user error or malfunctioning hardware just internal Windows issue(s).

if you have a restore point from before it started you can try that
but usually it takes a fresh OS install to correct the issue.

Kaairi

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
nothing caused by user error or malfunctioning hardware just internal Windows issue(s).

This computer was built back in August. I do not have any restore points active however. Is there any way I could potentially use the repair tools for Windows 10?

Kaairi

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016

I ran SFC/DISM tools right now, and it did say that there was corrupt files.