[SOLVED] Computer freezes at every slight touch

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
The computer is built by me.
it was built around a year ago.

Recently the computer started crashing at any slight touch.
What can be the reason for that?

(It never happened before, only in the last few weeks.)

Then if I restart there is a CPU LED turned on, I disconnect power and connect and it suddenly works again (till you bump it a bit and it freezes)

Solution
Connected it to my own computer power plug (Worked for 6~ years or so.)
Booted once.
Disconnected and returned to the living room cable (straight to the wall), DRAM LED showed.
Connected again to my own computer plug, DRAM LED Shows.

Ideas?
Did you reseat the CPU like suggested above? If not do that now. Otherwise I would try a different PSU.

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
I would power down and reseat everything.

.....all the plugs and cards you can find.

Most of the time I don't reseat the CPU......so try it first without reseating the CPU.

...but if you still have an issue...I would power down and reseat that as well.
Reseated everything including CPU.

Now DRAM LED is on (Happened before, no idea how to fix)

"I disconnect power and connect and it suddenly works again (till you bump it a bit and it freezes) "

I have had this situation....minus the bump it till it freezes......and it turned out to be the PSU....although Seasonics are generally good.....it's possible.

...but if you bump it and it freezes....I think it's very near certain there is a loose connection SOMEWHERE.

It's possible the loose connection is actually IN the power supply....or even IN something else.

...but it also may be at the plug interfaces or the card interfaces which is why I said to reseat everything.

Reactions: helper800

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
"I disconnect power and connect and it suddenly works again (till you bump it a bit and it freezes) "

I have had this situation....minus the bump it till it freezes......and it turned out to be the PSU....although Seasonics are generally good.....it's possible.

...but if you bump it and it freezes....I think it's very near certain there is a loose connection SOMEWHERE.

It's possible the loose connection is actually IN the power supply....or even IN something else.

...but it also may be at the plug interfaces or the card interfaces which is why I said to reseat everything.

I reseated everything .

Placed RAM stick on slot 3, it booted.
Restarted and then it turned CPU LED On again, prolly a CMOS battery problem no?

Last edited:

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Is your wall outlet grounded?
It needs to be for proper operation.

CMOS is needed to preserve bios contents when all power is disconnected. It is not likely to be your problem.
Connected it to my own computer power plug (Worked for 6~ years or so.)
Booted once.
Disconnected and returned to the living room cable (straight to the wall), DRAM LED showed.
Connected again to my own computer plug, DRAM LED Shows.

Ideas?

TRENDING THREADS