Computer Freezes at random while playing Games

YigitAras

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
While playing games computer freezes at random. The lights on mouse,case and the keyboard are on and there is no sound when the computer freezes but the video freezes and doesnt respond to any command.

My specs are ;

Motherboard : MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k 4.00Ghz
Ram: Ballistix by Crucial 4x8GB DDR4
Video: MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Gaming X (twin fanned) 8GB GDDR5X 256-bit
It contains 1 HDD drive and one SSD drive , I am using the SSD drive for my windows and the games I'm playing
PSU : CoolerMater B700 Ver.2 700W
Windows 10 64-bit

I'm at lost right now don't know what to do and I'm not that experienced with hardware problems. Would appericiate any help!

YigitAras

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

Hmm I thought if it was because of the PSU whole thing would shutdown... Interesting

YigitAras

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I am taking my computer to the shop tomorrow to be checked and probably will buy a higher tier PSU but I want to be sure that its the problem first before wasting any money. Will write the update here so it might maybe help others in the future ...

YigitAras

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Update :

Took my computer to the service of the place I bought it... They said they couldnt find any problems and did some stuff and checks so I took it back and tried again it was fine for a couple of days but it happened today again ... When I said it might be because of the PSU they brushed it off as a problem. Guess it was the PSU all along