Computer Freezes Completely

axmetion

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Dear Community.

I am noticing computer freezes after sometime when my computer is on.The freezing usually occurs after sometime.The computer completely freezes but unfreezes after 2 or 3 secs and then usually it occurs,so this keeps on.

During the freeze i can't even move my pointer nor can i click on anything,its like nothing responds that time.

So i want to know what could be the reason for this freeze.

Thanks

Solution

Backup your hard drive immediately to a USB backup drive. It's likely about to go.

Barhumbug

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
These can be difficult to track down, but your computer is busy doing something when it freezes. This could be a software or hardware error.
Check the CPU performance tab in Windows Task Manager for processor 'spikes' which can suggest your CPU is working overtime and causing the temporary freeze.
How much RAM do you have installed?
How many programs running in the background?
Try running in Safe Mode for a while and see if it still freezes.

axmetion

Honorable
May 17, 2012
i run only normal programs.This occurs sometimes when i am not even running anything else.From my opinion i suspect,wouldn't this be hard drive problems or something?

At this freeze time sometimes when some sound is on.The sound stops and mouse pointer doesn't move also the keyboard button doesn't work.But after few secs it gets unfreeze then everything works normally.

My computer specs :
Core i3 2.93ghz
8 Gb RAM
160GB HardDrive + 1Tb another one.
Windows is installed in 160GB Hard drive and another one is free.

axmetion

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Dude i need to figure it out.I think i have to spend so much time,because when i am running windows normally.The freezes has no time when it will occur.The freezes usually starts occurring after PC is on for sometime like 1 hour or more.Then it starts to continue.

I have to be very vigilant to catch this problem.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Backup your hard drive immediately to a USB backup drive. It's likely about to go.

Solution