Question Computer freezes whenever i turn it on

Dec 8, 2020
i just upgraded my pc to a new processor and whenever i turn it on and wait a minute or so everything freezes and i can't even restart my pc manually, i'd have to shut everything down.

I tried running it in safe mode and it didn't freeze so i don't really think it's any of my pc parts. I have no idea whats going i tried looking on google, on youtube, and ive found no solution. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

i also tried resetting my pc but it even freezes whenever i try that (during the reset)

i just upgraded my pc to a new processor and whenever i turn it on and wait a minute or so everything freezes and i can't even restart my pc manually, i'd have to shut everything down.

I tried running it in safe mode and it didn't freeze so i don't really think it's any of my pc parts. I have no idea whats going i tried looking on google, on youtube, and ive found no solution. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

i also tried resetting my pc but it even freezes whenever i try that (during the reset)
before you upgrade to a new CPU you need to update the bios and motherboard drivers. Then power down the system. put in your new cpu +thermal paste and cooler
then boot into bios and reset it to defaults. This will rebuild the database of settings that the bios will send to windows so it knows what hardware you have.

if the CPU is very similar you might be able to get away with just going into the bios and resetting it to defaults or toggle a setting on/off so it triggers a rescan of your hardware and rebuilds the database it sends to windows. Then update the BIOS and motherboard drivers. (if the system seems stable, some cpu upgrades you just must update the bios first)
you should always remove any overclock software you might have installed and install a update overclock software if you really need to have it. old overclock software can provide bad settings for a newer processor.

Dec 8, 2020
before you upgrade to a new CPU you need to update the bios and motherboard drivers. Then power down the system. put in your new cpu +thermal paste and cooler
then boot into bios and reset it to defaults. This will rebuild the database of settings that the bios will send to windows so it knows what hardware you have.

if the CPU is very similar you might be able to get away with just going into the bios and resetting it to defaults or toggle a setting on/off so it triggers a rescan of your hardware and rebuilds the database it sends to windows. Then update the BIOS and motherboard drivers. (if the system seems stable, some cpu upgrades you just must update the bios first)
you should always remove any overclock software you might have installed and install a update overclock software if you really need to have it. old overclock software can provide bad settings for a newer processor.

I reset my BIOS but i can't upgrade my motherboard drivers because my PC freezes during the upgrade..