Question Computer freezes while gaming or watching streams on Discord ?

Jun 25, 2022
Within a few minutes of playing a game regardless which game, my computer will freeze. I can still hear distorted sound for a few seconds and can even hear people on discord still speaking before it completely hangs up and I am forced to shut it down and restart. Only once or twice has it ever recovered without needing a shutdown and a couple times I could see random green/red colored dots on one of my monitors.

Watching streams on discord will also freeze the pc, but not on twitch or youtube. When the freeze happens and I don't shut down the pc myself, it will restart on its own but won't boot and CPU LED on the mobo will light up until I shut down the pc myself and start it back up.

Specs:

B450 Tomahawk
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 960
2x Crucial DDR4-2400 4GB
Seasonic FOCUS GM-750, 750W 80+ Gold (new)

I tried swapping each RAM to try them independently but the problem persisted, and the PSU is new as I suspected my old one could have been the issue. I reformatted, updated all drivers, updated bios and still not solved.

I am guessing it's the GPU but I'm not sure so any help would be appreciated.

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
hi, i had the same problem where my pc would randomly freeze no matter what, the problem is the motherboard, you will need to buy a new one. hopefully, that should fix it

Jun 25, 2022
hi, i had the same problem where my pc would randomly freeze no matter what, the problem is the motherboard, you will need to buy a new one. hopefully, that should fix it
Do you mind sharing how you came to that conclusion while troubleshooting? did you just try different parts until you figured it out?