Computer Freezing and Crashing

eleazar.duzon

Prominent
Apr 18, 2018
About a month ago, my computer started having issues. I will list the progression of the issue and the fixes I've tried here :

1st Issue :
Windows started freezing after I log in to my account. It seems like it was taking a long time to load the start up programs.
Solution :
I reduced the start up programs to only the necessary ones. It still caused some freezing at the start.

2nd Issue :
The CPU idle temps rose from 40c to 60-65c.
Solution :
Clean and reapply thermal paste. No change. (I was using CPUz and also HWmonitor to track the temps)

3rd Issue :
Windows started crashing, and I started to consistently see the BSoD.
Solution :
Fresh installed windows. The first few times I did this, it started crashing after a certain update is downloaded. It BSoDs and I don't think the update is installed completely.
Solution 2 :
I freshly installed windows and disabled windows update. I installed 3 things: Nvidia, Realtek, and Chrome. Then I had to leave for a vacation. When I came back, I encountered freezing after log in and then the crashes started. This is basically a fresh install of windows.

CPU : AMD a10-7700k
Motherboard : F2A68HM-S1
GPU : Galax GTX 1060 6GB
RAM : 2x4gb Hyper Fury
PSU : DEEPCOOL 500W
DRIVE : 1TB seagate HDD about 3 months old.

eleazar.duzon

Prominent
Apr 18, 2018

I tried playing some games with it, and depending on the game, it can go up to 81c.

I just tried doing a fresh install of windows again without the GPU and now, I'm encountering a new problem.
Or this might be what's causing most of the issues. The HDD get's disconnected during installation, and now, it sometimes doesn't disconnect the HDD.

I had this problem before, but that was because I was using a cable extender to connect the HDD to the PSU. I connected it directly and that seemed to have fixed that problem. I also tried switching the cable connecting to the motherboard but that doesn't do anything.

81C isn't that bad....not as bad as I thought it might be.....

What are the GPU temps?

....and as far as the HDD....yes....that could be your issue.

I would run one of the free HD diagnostic tools that you can find on the net. There are lots of them.

eleazar.duzon

Prominent
Apr 18, 2018
Ok. I've made some progress. Switching to a new sata cable fixes the problem temporarily. A couple of weeks or so. But then the problem comes back. Corrupts the OS and i have to replace the cable and reformat the drive. Something is breaking the cables and I don't know what it is. Do I need to change my motherboard?