Question Computer "freezing" randomly for a few seconds when doing normal things like playing games or watching youtube.

Dec 14, 2020
Ever since the latest windows update on the 11'th of december my pc has started getting these freezes where i cant do anything for a few seconds, they will happen randomly when im doing things such as playing games and watching youtube videos, sometimes it just my main screen that freezes and sometimes its both, sometimes i have sound and sometimes i dont, it seems really random and ive tried looking at my task manager to see if i could see anything spiking in there, whenever the freeze happens my CPU and GPU both drop down to almost 0% if not 0% and my one hdd will spike to 100% during the freeze, i cant seem to pinpoint what it is thats causing this, only started happening after the latest windows update. Heres a link at what happens in my task manager when the spike happens, its the exact moment the one HDD spikes to 100% that the computer freezes and you can see the CPU and GPU going down as well at the same time. View: https://i.imgur.com/5aVhbfr.png

System specs:
CPU - Intel Core I7 7700k
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070TI
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming
RAM - 2x Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 DDR4 8GB
Storage - NVMe Samsung SSD 960
WDC 640GB HDD
WDC 500GB SSD

Dec 14, 2020
Not really too much, only things of notice is the Blizzard App, Epic Games launcher, Steam and some minor folders with stuff i dont regularly use such as work applications and world saves for a few games and a few movies. The only stuff on there i dont know what is, is something called WindowsApps, WpSystem and WUDownloadCache.