Computer freezing when watching videos.

andrewgc8

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
I just recently bought a used Fury X on Ebay and it performs great in game and temps are good but for some reason when watching videos my computer skips/freezes every few seconds.When it skips everything freezes for a second including my mouse It doesn't happen with YouTube but Prime video, Hulu and Windows movies all do it. I did a clean install of windows thinking that it was because I came from an nvidia card previously but it still happens. I have the latest drivers installed for the GPU. Any ideas?
I also Just realized this started happening when I switched from using an hdmi cable to display port cable. I switched because my monitors (LG 29um68) 75 hz and freesync only work with dp 1.2. Could it be a bad display port cable? Its just weird this doesn't happen in game or on youtube.

SPECS
1800x
16 GB ram
Fury X

Solution
its most likely the video decoder you are using. you can try instead search for "k-lite codec pack" and use mpc-hc as your media player.
or just use VLC player and change the setting to use "DIVX copyback playback". you can also check your CCC and make sure you are using the "high end graphics" option.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
its most likely the video decoder you are using. you can try instead search for "k-lite codec pack" and use mpc-hc as your media player.
or just use VLC player and change the setting to use "DIVX copyback playback". you can also check your CCC and make sure you are using the "high end graphics" option.

Solution

andrewgc8

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

What is ccc? and Ill definitely try your suggestions. Thank you!