Computer freezing with 24h stable Prime95

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stevozilik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I'm running on XP's and experiencing exactly same problem with grid :( . I guess it must be a hardware issue

btw stock mobo settings on almost everything

how can I increase the fan speed?

stevozilik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I tried to increase the GPU fan speed and the issue if not completly gone, it is greatly reduced. It seems to be a GPU issue after all. Good to know that the PSU is not the problem anyway. At least for now. But I cannot run my gpu fan on 40-50% all the time, it makes a lot of noice

samuraiblade

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
well somethings a miss on your machines as i can use 3dmark06 and i play grid fine on my 4870 with vista 64 , so theres gotta be some other cause. im using ati catalyst 8.7 for 64bit o/s as well. i reckon there must be a specific motherboard issue or somin you both have in common hardware wise. what mobo you using?

only thing i can think of that my mobo has is i can supply power to the pci-e slots via floppy connectors which i have installed for stability.

stevozilik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I have GA-X48-DS4 mobo.

what are floppy connectors? I have 4 PCIE connectors from my PSU... If it was a power issue, the GPU temperature would not have much impact on that, at least I think...

TRENDING THREADS