[SOLVED] Computer Freezing

Apr 18, 2020
Hello, and thank you for assisting me with my issue.

So recently my PC started freezing randomly while gaming, sometimes 4 hours after a boot sometimes 30 minutes after a boot its random. Ill list my specs and the error im getting below followed by fix's ive tried that have not worked. PC ran fine prior to a week ago built this pc march of 2019.

My Specs are the following.
CPU : 9900K (base ckock speed + standard turbo boost)
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16gb x 2 @ 3200mhz
Mobo : MSI z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
M.2 : WD blue 1tb
M.2 : WD blue 500gb (all other HD's disconnected atm)
Video : EVGA 2080 TI Hydro Copper
Cooling : 9x Thermaltake fans (on 3 360 rad's)
Pump : Thermaltake d5 rbg
PSU : ATNG 800W Bronze

Error im getting is Kernal power 41 + Event tracing : Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

Which causes my computer to freeze with no dump log. ( those are the only even error + critical's in the log at the time of crash)

Things i've done to attempt to fix this error. Non solved issue

Reinstalled windows clean install

Reinstalled windows on different Hard drives

DDU video drivers in safe mode with windows update turned off installed older video driver

DDU safe mode again with current drivers

replaced all usb devises + reinstalled all usb drivers

set nvidia control panel to vsynce off + power to maximum

Prime95 on cpu 12 hours pass

furmark 12 hours passed

memtest 4 pass's passed

used Seatool Hardriver checker all passed

not over heated temps never pass 50c while gaming

Ran cmd sfc /scannow - passed

M-Flashed bios - reinstalled bios drivers

removed memory and put other sticks in

ran Furmark + prime95 to trigger an error nothing (did not exceed 75C temps)

ran different games still crashed

Any other suggestions would be awesome im drawing a blank and have been at it for the past 4 days.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you changed PSU since this and posting on that other thread?

since you have WD drives, you should have run this - - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=3&lang=en

from my otherr post
The error code 0xc0000001 may be caused by various reasons, such as corrupted system file, damaged SAM, damaged RAM memory, etc. (not entirely sure what a SAM file is?) - https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/error-code-0xc0000001-005.html (just ignore fact they trying to sell you something)

it seems the SAM file is the registry.

No dump files always makes it fun to figure out as well. I tend to lean in direction of where that file is and think it might be storage (its 1st idea) but it might not be.

Try running this, it might see something more since we don't get any dumps - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

Apr 18, 2020
due to covid-19 the psu wont be here till the 28th, so still waiting on that. i was actualy thinking of trying a duel psu with a jumper ( use the spare tiny one i have to power the gpu and keep the main psu on everything else to see if it crashes but im not sure if running 2 psu's is smart lol

Ran memtest again over night passed . (One stick at a time 4 passes of all tests 0 error)

Ran the WD life guard. It wont let me scan the hardrive with my OS (250gb m.2) but i put in the 1tb and it passed the extended test.. how ever the Seatool one scans it and passes.

For this bdos collections app, when i run this what am i looking for once it runs and creates the zip file?

And SAM i have no idea what that is or how to check/repair it.

Apr 18, 2020
I would try changing that poor PSU for decent quality one from Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic. If you'd done that first it may have avoided trying all that other stuff to no avail.

Ive changed the PSU out withe a Thermaltake Toughpower 1050 a

-- CPU temps dont reach above 45c, gpu hits about 38c while gaming and when crash occurs)

Now i get a BSOD

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 5/1/2020 11:13:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050120-8640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C2390)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80331B73358, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/1/2020 11:13:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (pshed!pshedbugchecksystem+0x10)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80331B73358, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\pshed.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

I've googled the Watchdog fix's and none of them fixed it.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://lamellateremove.htmlpasta.com/

File information:050120-8640-01.dmp (May 1 2020 - 12:13:16)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:043020-8921-01.dmp (Apr 30 2020 - 18:53:06)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 31 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Comment: Memory.zip was an empty file but that's ok, it usually takes me forever to download them anyway. We'll get enough info from the minidumps.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version 1.7.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution