[SOLVED] Computer getting bluescreens every day since I upgraded to Windows 11 ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hey. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, my computer has been getting multiple bluescreens every day and so far, I've found absolutely no way to fix this. Since half of them are caused by "wdiwifi.sys" I've updated my Wi-Fi drivers, but Windows told me that the best drivers for my device are already installed. Since my motherboard is an Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus Wi-Fi motherboard, I also uninstalled my Wi-Fi drivers and installed the Wi-Fi driver's from Asus' website multiple times and I still get bluescreens that are caused by "wdiwifi.sys". The other half of the bluescreens are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe" and I think that's because of my Wi-Fi drivers. I've attached some dump files for you to look at.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qeoFLskHpv17OK33p2CFEC1M4kLLBOL5/view?usp=sharing

I've looked all though the internet for a fix and I've found absolutely nothing. Can you please help me fix this?

Solution
crash 1 and 2 caused by Intel WIFI drivers
Aug 09 2021Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver
See my last post for a link to intel updater
crash 3 victim was ArmorySocketServer.exe. Used my armory crate. Could guess cause is WIFI drivers
crash 4 mentions xboxgip.sys which is used for the Xbox controller. not saying its cause, its just in stack text.
crash 5 blames Nvidia drivers - see gardenman''s post for instructions.

crash 4 is an anomaly. or was until I saw
May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/
scarlet crush are drivers used by software for...

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
If you have already cleanly installed windows and it still doing this when you have hardware issues
I haven't reformatted my computer and I never will because if I do, I'll lose all of my files. I've already explained every reason why I'm not reformatting my computer which is why I'm looking for alternate solutions to fix my computer.

After about five minutes of being on, my computer got another bluescreen because of Discord. Here is the minidump for that bluescreen. It's a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" bluescreen.
it looks like discord just tried to read a registry key
it sent the request to windows kernel, it read the key, tried to parse it and got a fault since it was not in memory, this caused the memory manager to fault (violation of the rules) which cause some internal memory manager routine to fault, which resulted in a system bugcheck to shut down your system. the memory address that caused the fault was fffff08700000061 it is in the kernel address space but the lower half looks wrong. I would be looking for a driver that is writing over your kernel address space. which is what the 2013 version scpvbus.sys does. you need to remove it and go to the updated version or use the new product that replaced it. You could start running verifier.exe test on driver and start removing the bad driver but it will be painful. you would not even be able to boot with the scpvbus.sys driver installed. it will bugcheck during the boot process with verifier turned on.

you are kind of doomed with this current windows install. Maybe get a second SSD and do a clean install on it. Then you can dual boot to your suspect version of windows and test the clean install to see if it is stable.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
"scpvbus.sys" belongs to ScpToolkit which is a program that lets you use DualShock controllers on your computer. I updated ScpToolkit and after that, I disabled "SCP DSx Service" in Services since I don't use DualShock controllers on my computer that often. Hopefully, this will get the bluescreens that are caused by "scpvbus.sys" to stop.

"scpvbus.sys" belongs to ScpToolkit which is a program that lets you use DualShock controllers on your computer. I updated ScpToolkit and after that, I disabled "SCP DSx Service" in Services since I don't use DualShock controllers on my computer that often. Hopefully, this will get the bluescreens that are caused by "scpvbus.sys" to stop.
if you have removed the driver from your system. you might want to set verifier flags. it will do extra checking on all of the drivers you have installed. It will call a bugcheck if any driver does not follow the rules. It bugchecks when the rule is broken rather than when something that gets messed up breaks. BUT, you must know how to get into safe mode so you can run verifier.exe /reset to turn the error checking off for the case that your system crashes on bootup. Also, you have to run the command after your are done testing or your system will run slow until you run the command.
if I remember the bridge driver might have issues that bugchecked (but it was maybe 7 years ago, old binaries)

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
It's still getting worse. Now, my computer's having around ten to twenty bluescreens a day. Here are the most recent minidumps on my computer. Also, I'll have to remind you, again, that I'm not reformatting my computer. Not only am I pretty sure that it won't solve my bluescreen problem, but I can't afford any stuff to backup my computer.

It's still getting worse. Now, my computer's having around ten to twenty bluescreens a day. Here are the most recent minidumps on my computer. Also, I'll have to remind you, again, that I'm not reformatting my computer. Not only am I pretty sure that it won't solve my bluescreen problem, but I can't afford any stuff to backup my computer.

most current bugcheck: Icue running, something attempted to access memory location 10. most likely a bogus memory address. most likely a just part of a header for a size.
suspect driver installed.
kdcom.dll Mon Mar 30 11:11:00 2037
kernel mode debugger extension?
I would expect this bug is cause by a driver corruption issue.
---------------
second one was another bogus memory address. memory address 18. again, most likely part of a driver header for a memory allocation size of 18
-------------------
third bugcheck was a timeout in your nvidia graphics driver.
(only suspect timers were in the graphics driver and the ndis network driver)
----------------
4th bugcheck looks like something in the kernel tried to access memory address 2 (bogus address, likely to be pool memory size from a driver header)
-------------
5th bugcheck.
icue software running.
driver memory reference count is messed up.
---------------------------------------------------

-overall, I would reinstall / update the icue software.
-I would be looking for a driver that is overwriting kernel memory.
you have to find the driver at the time of the corruption rather than later when it corrupts another drivers data. The only way to do this is to turn on verifier.exe flags to force each driver to use special pool. This will cause a bugcheck at the time of the driver memory allocation and should name the driver.
you should remove the scarlet crush driver before you attempt turning on verifier. you can download autoruns from here.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

disable the load of the scarlet crush driver, reboot, set your verifier flags and reboot again and wait for a bugcheck. the minidump should show the driver name.
Sometimes you will need to change the memory dump type to kernel for issues related to USB or plug and play. the kernel dumps will contain internal error logs and will show what is running on all of your cpu cores rather than just one.
after you get your bugcheck, you turn off verifier, then run autoruns then you can reenable your scarlet crush driver if you want.

in any case you should change to a kernel memory dump

I haven't reformatted my computer and I never will because if I do, I'll lose all of my files. I've already explained every reason why I'm not reformatting my computer which is why I'm looking for alternate solutions to fix my computer.
Then it looks like you need to learn to live with multiple crashes a day.

If your files were actually that important to you then you would have a backup.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Then it looks like you need to learn to live with multiple crashes a day.

If your files were actually that important to you then you would have a backup.
I'm not sure that reformatting my computer will work. Ever since I upgraded my computer to Windows 11, I've been getting bluescreens. It must be because of incompatible hardware and not software.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
After quite some time, I got another wdiwifi.sys bluescreen. It just happened right out of the blue without any warning. Do I really have to buy an extra router for me to use in my room to use ethernet with? My computer's so unstable, now, that I'm thinking of saving about $5,000 USD and buying a new computer. Anyway, here is the minidump for that bluescreen. Hopefully, you're better at debugging than me and you'll find out why wdiwifi.sys caused that bluescreen.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ever hear the saying "take it out behind the barn and shoot it"? Because that is this thread.

@ConorDuey2000 you've been told multiple times that you need to back up your data and format your PC. You have malware and a broken Windows install. There is no fixing this, and there is no reason for this dead horse to be continued to be beaten.

I am closing this thread. Come back when you've backed up your data and formatted your PC. Tom's Hardware is here to help, if you don't want that help there is nothing else we can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.