Question Computer goes to ROG logo for a minute , then just turns off

Bighamburgers

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
My computer has been working fine for over a year, after I upgraded it from 2015, but lately it's been problematic. It started with the computer going to the ROG logo, and then going to bios and then I found out that the m.2 drive was not being detected, so I unplugged the m.2 and plugged it back in, but now I face another problem. Now the computer boots up like normal, but then stays at the ROG logo for a minute and then it turns off. The only thing different that happens when I turn it on is I noticed a green light on the motherboard, I don't know if its relevant but might as well say it.

https://streamable.com/rd6tjy video of it happening

Last Bios Update around mid-2021
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: Asus rog b450-f
GPU: Msi r9 390x
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX 16gigs
SSD: Silicon Power A80

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the PSU as well. Just to rule out your keyboard being the issue(due to a short), try a standard 104keys USB driven wired keyboard. Might you be able to elaborate on the green light? Your board has 4 Q-LED's to the left of the left most ram slot, those are LED's to signify if a component is faulty or failing.

Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version 4402? You can try and remove all storage drives and then get into BIOS to corroborate that BISO version. Also, your board does have BIOS versions pending.

Bighamburgers

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the PSU as well. Just to rule out your keyboard being the issue(due to a short), try a standard 104keys USB driven wired keyboard. Might you be able to elaborate on the green light? Your board has 4 Q-LED's to the left of the left most ram slot, those are LED's to signify if a component is faulty or failing.

Am I right to assume you're on BIOS version 4402? You can try and remove all storage drives and then get into BIOS to corroborate that BISO version. Also, your board does have BIOS versions pending.
Its a corsair RM650i and its about 6-7 years old I don't really remember. Do I have to replace it? I plugged the ssd into my brothers computer and it wouldnt show up, and then I tried booting my computer without the drive and then it went to the american megatrends screen. So it was probably the ssd causing the problem