Computer is crashing with no reason behind why.

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
I really can't remember when this started. The only changes that I have made to my computer is putting another 8 GB of ram into it. I will be playing a game, and it only does happen when playing games. It just freezes, and nothing happens to the point that I have to restart by pressing the power button. I've tried to figure this out and nothing is prevailing. I thought it might be discord because I saw some people having the issues with hardware things.

ASUS G11
GTX 1070
CPU is Intel i5-6400 at GHz 2.7
TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
and 16 GBs of RAM (8 GB is installed by me)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you mixed RAM. mixing RAM is a gamble, even when adding the same model that the unit shipped with.
try removing the new 8Gb and see if stability returns, or remove the old and replace with the new and see if stability returns.

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016

My brother has the same computer and we got the same type of RAM as eachother, wouldn't he have the same issue?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
he was lucky.
I have had RAM modules made 1 apart in the same factory, the serial numbers were 1 apart, they were twins and they did not run together.
you can run memtest86 overnight or for three passes. if you get no errors after three passes and it does not reboot the RAM is good and something else is causing the problem.

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016

MrPooGu

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
I am willing to do this. I have watched some videos, I just dont know how to get back to windows afterwards. It's kind of freaking me out. I'll try later tonight since I have to work.

generally if you suspect the ram, you would update the bios then boot and run memtest86 to confirm you ram timings. if your bios is up to date, you might go into bios and make any change and change it back. it will force the bios to rescan your hardware.

generally a bad RAM stick or bad ram timing you will get a bugcheck in windows memory management with a error code (parameter 1) of 0xc0000005.

you might consider booting windows and run cmd.exe or powershell as an admin
then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I would also run Malwarebytes scan.

check to see if there are memory dumps in the directory c:\windows\minidump directory

make sure you update the motherboard bios and device driver from the motherboard vendors website.
(do not install overclock or gpu tweak drivers, or special USB drivers for apple products)