Computer is frozen

Gaftonochec

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I recently bought a computer and finally all the parts have come in. My brother helped me put it together and after I installed Windows 7 it ran just fine. Next I ran the disk I got from the DVD writer I got and it installed just fine. After that, I put in the disk for the graphics card driver and everything installed OK until after the restart...Which made it stall on a light blue screen with a big Windows logo in the middle of it. What can I do to fix this?

Picture of the screen it's stuck on: http://imgur.com/vaEQbMU

It is probably taking a long time ( you have 250 patches before SP1 is installed, then another 200 patched before IE11, then another 200 Patches, etc. ) to get downloaded and may just be real busy trying to download everything.

Simple answer first, when you hit the power button ON BEFORE the Windows Logo shows, start hitting like F8/F9 to get into SAFE MODE. Once in SAFE MODE you can restore to the previous save point and restore it to that point to get the system 'not frozen'.

Then I would do the following basics:

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Download Malwarebytes do a full system scan (AV doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and go to www.filehippo.com and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda and do a full system scan - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.
Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your SPECS

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.

Gaftonochec

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

Sorry, I fell asleep. I can't access anything on the computer, since it goes straight from the starting windows screen to this. I have yet to hook the computer up to the internet so all I did was use the CDs that came with my parts. I've left it on for a full 24+ hours before, I don't think it's just installing things. When I hit F9 I only have one option, that is "Windows 7". I can't go to any websites or download any software because I can't access the computer, it gets stuck on the logo screen before I can access my desktop.

You did NOT follow my instructions.
Please reread them carefully.
Power off computer fully.
Press Power button
Start hitting F8 or F9 REPEATEDLY BEFORE the STARTING Windows SCREEN

If your unable to do this, then you need to take it to someone whom can .

Second, once it is wired to the Internet (or the Wifi is detected) it is CONNECTED to the Internet. As part of the setup it is REQUIRED to be connected to the Internet to validate your Windows KEY. You need to have it connected to install all the many patches.

Gaftonochec

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

I did that, it only has "Windows 7" and "Windows Memory Diagnostic" (which goes right back to the other screen when I run it). I will find an ethernet cable and connect to the internet but I'm not able to interact with the computer unless it's in the bios or the boot manager...I'm sorry if I was unclear with my wording, and thank you for your help thus far

And if you try F8?

We are trying to get to the menu that shows SAFE MODE