Question Computer keeps blackscreening, paid 100$ to be NOT fixed! Need help!

Jun 12, 2022
My PC keeps blackscreening when I'm playing games, the fans will get extremely loud and I can still hear audio, but my computer is completely unresponsive. I have to hold the power button to restart. This has been happening for a while, mostly with more demanding games, and when I turn the graphics quality down, the problem becomes less frequent or disappears. I have no issue actually running these games (The Witcher 3, Total War Warhammer 3 etc.) at Ultra with decent framerates, so I'm unsure as to the issue, but I had though it could be something to do with the PSU. I've paid a repair guy $50 on two separate occasions to fix the issue, and I'm no better off. I don't even know what the issue really is.

My specs are;
GPU: RX VEGA 56 OC
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600
Motherboard: MSI B45O Tomahawk
RAM: 16GB 3000mhz
PSU: 850W EVGA GQ

If anyone could give me a hand I'd be super thankful, I've almost given up on this issue.

Jun 12, 2022
First thought would've been psu too.

Next idea is(unfortunately) the gpu itself - the VRM/power delivery failing on heavier loads, to be more specific. Do you have a spare PC, or a friend's, that you can do test runs with that gpu?
I don't, unfortunately. I suppose I could go to a repair shop to have them try, but I'm hesitant to spend more money just working out the problem.

My PC keeps blackscreening when I'm playing games, the fans will get extremely loud and I can still hear audio, but my computer is completely unresponsive.
Unless you have a separate sound card this would mean that your GPU is still running so it's not crashing, due to power heat or anything else, if it would crash the most you would hear would be a buzzing sound.
This could be a driver issue so DDU all your graphics drivers.
If that doesn't fix it then you are likely to be screwed because it could be anything and you would have to check every single piece of hardware and software.
A propos software if you have anything that overlays anything on your graphics stop using it (uninstall to be safe) to see if that makes a difference.