Computer keeps crashing and i want to know if it is due to my GPU

MrAssassin9891

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Recently while playing games, i've been getting black screens and my computer entirely locking up. I thought that this would only happen when playing games so i just went and surfed on the internet. Watching YouTube videos is absolutely fine for me, but whenever i go on google images and click on a picture to make it bigger, i would get the black screen again and my computer going into a locked stated, forcing a hardware reboot. Only today, was i able to come back from the black screen and my computer told me it was my display driver that had crashed and had recovered.
So my real question is, is this problem due to my graphics card, due to my drivers or another component?

Usefull information: I have a MSI GTX 960 2GB, my driver version is 355.82 . It is not the latest version as i was having issues and rolled back to a previous one.

Thank you in advance.

MrAssassin9891

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

This is indeed something sudden. I have checked my temperatures and they seem completely normal to me. I looked on internet and the temps are largely within the recommended ones. Is there a way to test if it is indeed my PSU? The PSU i have is a CM G550M