Question Computer keeps crashing during high GPU usage in games

Feb 25, 2020
While playing GPU intensive games,(at random intervals) my pc will stop responding, lose connection to the monitor, and GPU fans will start spinning at 100%. I have to restart the computer for it to work again. Happens while playing games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and The Forest, but never happens in games like Company of heroes 2, CSGO, DOOM 16,.... Overheating is not the issue, there is no malware and I have a 650W cooler master PSU. It is fairly old, about 4~5 years old. The crash happens anywhere from 20 mins into the game, to 2 hours in.
specs:
coolermaster 12v 650w psu
intel i5 2500 3.3 ghz cpu
msi gtx 1060 3gb oc gpu
asus p8p67 motherboard
2x4gb ddr3 ram 1666 mhz
standard cooling (temps ok anyway, never above 82 degs c cpu wise, and 75 degs c gpu wise) Benchmarks come as of what to expect from the card. Games run fine up until that moment. No hickups or fps drops.

Feb 25, 2020
While playing GPU intensive games,(at random intervals) my pc will stop responding, lose connection to the monitor, and GPU fans will start spinning at 100%. I have to restart the computer for it to work again. Happens while playing games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and The Forest, but never happens in games like Company of heroes 2, CSGO, DOOM 16,.... Overheating is not the issue, there is no malware and I have a 650W cooler master PSU. It is fairly old, about 4~5 years old. The crash happens anywhere from 20 mins into the game, to 2 hours in.
specs:
coolermaster 12v 650w psu
intel i5 2500 3.3 ghz cpu
msi gtx 1060 3gb oc gpu
asus p8p67 motherboard
2x4gb ddr3 ram 1666 mhz
standard cooling (temps ok anyway, never above 82 degs c cpu wise, and 75 degs c gpu wise) Benchmarks come as of what to expect from the card. Games run fine up until that moment. No hickups or fps drops.
update: ran OCCT PSU test, and it crashed 20 minutes in.
For anyone interested, this is what it said:

21.4.2020 14:10:31-System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at LiveCharts.Helpers.NoisyCollection`1.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at   .get_CurrentValue()
at   .(Double , Double , Double )
at   .()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback)
at   .()
at   .(Object )
at LiveCharts.Wpf.Charts.Base.Chart.ChartUpdated()
at LiveCharts.Wpf.Components.ChartUpdater.UpdaterTick(Boolean restartView, Boolean force)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at   .(Container )