Computer keeps freezing and BSODs Randomly (Windows10)

reb830

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Recently did a fresh install of windows. Computer will freeze and all processes will say 0% and anything I click will be unresponsive. After a minute to three minutes, the computer will unfreeze and all pending actions will execute at once and it will work completely fine. Also, all page loading and downloads will halt. For example, it happened twice between opening up google chrome and finishing this post. when it BSODs I get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I have tested all 3 drives with WD's driver utility and everything came back perfect. Any help would be amazing. Thanks!
Specs:
GTX 980ti
i7-4790k
16GB HyperX Fury Ram (1600)
MSI Sli Krait MB
750GB WD OS Drive
2TB Seagate Hard Drive

Solution
normally with BSOD I can use a program to help find cause but as this error happens before windows even starts far enough to create dump files.

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Resolution

This error always occurs while the system is starting. This error frequently occurs before the debugger connection is established, so debugging can be difficult. In addition, the OS may not be accessible and the error logs may be empty as the OS has not booted far enough to start those sub-systems.

Perhaps look at Microsoft suggestions

Colif

Win 11 Master
Go to here and download live update 6. Run it and it will check you have latest motherboard drivers for your board - its possible error caused by old drivers

If it offers a new BIOS, see if you can find a way to install it through BIOS and not in windows as don't want it freezing while you update BIOS. That would be bad.

maybe change SATA cables?

reb830

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

it didn't suggest a BIOS update, only a driver update

Colif

Win 11 Master
did the driver help at all?

usually the only answer to that error is a fresh install but you just did that.

you can run checkdisk on the C drive but if its formatted as GPT it may not work

try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

SFC scans and fixes system files, see if it helps.

reb830

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Colif

Win 11 Master
normally with BSOD I can use a program to help find cause but as this error happens before windows even starts far enough to create dump files.

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Resolution

This error always occurs while the system is starting. This error frequently occurs before the debugger connection is established, so debugging can be difficult. In addition, the OS may not be accessible and the error logs may be empty as the OS has not booted far enough to start those sub-systems.

Perhaps look at Microsoft suggestions

Solution