Question Computer keeps freezing & other issues

Sep 21, 2019
Recently my computer keeps freezing at random times even if I'm not playing any games. I can still hear sound and my friends told me that I'm still moving around if I move my mouse in-game. However, I can't seem to unfreeze the screen even if I wait and the only solution is to shut down my computer. However, after shutting down and turning it back on, it won't even show anything on the screen sometimes and other times it does disk repair. After the computer finally turns on it says that the display driver failed to start as a notification. Then, my computer freezes again and I have to keep repeating this over and over again.
I've downloaded computer hardware monitoring programs and I don't think it's a problem with my hardware overheating.
I have a Gtx 1060 3gb, i5 7th gen, 16gb ddr4 ram, 450w psu, 1tb HDD 7.2k rpm, and a Asrock motherboard. All these parts were bought around 2-3 years ago.

Thank you,
Richard B

Sep 21, 2019
exact model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp during load?
malware scan?

I believe the psu is a Cooler Master rs-460-psar-i3
When playing games like overwatch or csgo the temperature is around 70 degrees but even when playing games such as minecraft which makes the temperature at max 60 degrees, my computer freezes.
I did a malware scan just now but there were none

TRENDING THREADS