Question Computer Keeps Freezing

idle0095

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
This is a custom build PC for Blue Iris software. The cpu is a i7-9700K with 16GB memory and Gigabyte Z390M motherboard. 600W PSU. The PC is freezing up and for the life of me I have no idea why.
I upgraded all the parts in late December 2018. It worked fine for about 45 days. Then it froze up. I restarted and all was fine. But it froze again and again like every 2 to 3 days. Yesterday it froze again in the morning so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and install Blue Iris and try. 10 hours later it froze. What could cause this? The last PC I used did not have this issue at all. My old PC use to run for months with out any issues. Is this a memory issue or hardware or software.
Im at a lost and need some direction.

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
I guess you tried already a BIOS update?
What SSD are you using and what vcore do you have atm?
Maybe a screenshot of cpu-u and/or hwmonitor would be useful.

Is it freezing or do you get BSOD with errors?

idle0095

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I do not get any Blue screen of death. It just freezes on the Blue Iris screen. This PC is just used for BI and thats all. Bios is updated I believe. SSD is a WD 500GB Blue. I do have a dmp file but its from me forcing the computer to restart by pressing the restart button. Some people think this could be memory issues. I have not tried testing that. I ran the dump using WinDbg and it said error was genuninintel. CPU is running in the 40 degrees C with proper fan ventilation. Im at a lose. This PC needs to stay on 24/7 or else it doesnt work with Blue Iris.