[SOLVED] Computer keeps resetting

Jul 11, 2021
Hello kind of new to the building thing, i got a new cpu ryzen 7 5800x with a asus b550 plus have a evga 750 power supply and dd4 corsair 3600mhz and it keeps resetting randomly can be fine downloading stuff then it just resets for some reason some times i do nothing and it will reset in 10-15 mins. i have wipe all the hard drives reinstall the os try resetting everything on the mother board but keeps doing the same thing. i have reinstall the old motherboard and cpu and everything is working fine. i have took it to someone who is a professional and he does not know either. could it possibly be a faulty motherboard or cpu? do not know any help will be appricated.

Solution
Yes i have updated the bios, ive seen people had trouble with the ram drawing to much voltage even @ stock speed ima try to reduce the voltage take maybe might work dont know
Lowering RAM voltage will actually make it unstable so doing that is more likely to make things worse. DDR4 RAM is safe up to 1.5V although not advised above 1.4V in 24/7 use except for certain memory chips. Most DDR4 kits want from 1.25 to 1.35V for very high speed ram. Which yours is.

What voltage is your RAM set to now?

Have you properly reset CMOS? That's turn off, remove power, take out the coin cell battery and short the CMOS reset pins for at least 30 sec's. Then reassemble and run the system on full default settings, making no changes in BIOS...
Jul 11, 2021
Yes i have updated the bios, ive seen people had trouble with the ram drawing to much voltage even @ stock speed ima try to reduce the voltage take maybe might work dont know

Lowering RAM voltage will actually make it unstable so doing that is more likely to make things worse. DDR4 RAM is safe up to 1.5V although not advised above 1.4V in 24/7 use except for certain memory chips. Most DDR4 kits want from 1.25 to 1.35V for very high speed ram. Which yours is.

What voltage is your RAM set to now?

Have you properly reset CMOS? That's turn off, remove power, take out the coin cell battery and short the CMOS reset pins for at least 30 sec's. Then reassemble and run the system on full default settings, making no changes in BIOS, for a while to see if it's stable for you. Only then start customizing BIOS settings.

Solution