Question computer keeps restarting after turning on

Aug 9, 2020
My computer was working fine for weeks after building it then this happened. It keeps restarting quickly. Sometimes I get to windows and other times I can't even log in. I have tried taking the RAM out and putting it in the same place, switch the RAM around, redoing the thermal paste on the CPU which was already on it when I bought the new CPU, turned on all fans to 100% in bios, (my computer does not restart in bios and the CPU sits at 56-60 degrees C), I have put an external fan nearby to push more air to the fans in the computer, I got a new power supply (my brother wanted his back).
SPECS:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU: radeon rx580
ssd: 1T 860 evo
mother board: asus b450-f
PSU: corsair cx650M
case: NZXT H510

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if a higher wattage PSU changes your experience of the issue. Can you remain in BIOS definitively or do you have a reboot there as well? Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Aug 9, 2020
I can remain in BIOS definitively. I'm not sure how to check if I am on the latest update for bios but the motherboard is only one month old. I switch the old psu I had back in (100 watts more) which I confirmed It works on another computer and there was no change. And now that I remember the SSD I have is still new but when I first got it I had trouble where I would get blue screens about bad files which occured a few times a day to 0 times a day. So I wiped everything and reinstalled Windows and it fixed that till now. Do you think the SSD could be the problem again? I can't seem to get the auto repair to reinstall windows itself like I did last time. I also am still trying to install it with a flash drive where I have that boot first before the SSD.

TRENDING THREADS