[SOLVED] computer keeps restarting. gives out no signal

xmckee18

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
my computer will reboot as seen in video about 3-4 times then it will stay running. the display gives out no signal constantly. i have a brand new motherboard and the graphics card is good.

in the video it says cable not connect to monitor and that’s the one that is connected to the graphics card. even by removing the graphics card i still have the same issue. i have another monitor connected to the motherboard that gives out no signalvideo

View: https://youtu.be/N7AAP3SyfcM

Solution
intel i5 6600k
16gb ddr4 corsair vegeance
500gb ssd samsung
msi mpg z390 motherboard
gtx 980
solid gear 650 watt power supply

Well, there's your problem. You cannot run a Skylake or Kaby Lake CPU on a Z390 motherboard. Those are only compatible with 100 and 200 series motherboards.

It's not the problem here, but I'd definitely replace the PSU, which is very low quality.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
intel i5 6600k
16gb ddr4 corsair vegeance
500gb ssd samsung
msi mpg z390 motherboard
gtx 980
solid gear 650 watt power supply

Well, there's your problem. You cannot run a Skylake or Kaby Lake CPU on a Z390 motherboard. Those are only compatible with 100 and 200 series motherboards.

It's not the problem here, but I'd definitely replace the PSU, which is very low quality.

Solution

xmckee18

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
alright i’ll try replacing it. i had issues before with my old motherboard to where it did the same thing though and wouldn’t work with a graphics card so it might also be the psu. if the computer works without a gpu but then has issues once i install a gpu could it be because of the power supply and not enough power being giving to run?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
alright i’ll try replacing it. i had issues before with my old motherboard to where it did the same thing though and wouldn’t work with a graphics card so it might also be the psu. if the computer works without a gpu but then has issues once i install a gpu could it be because of the power supply and not enough power being giving to run?

It could be (it's a low-quality PSU), but it's very hard to test with a motherboard on which running the CPU is impossible!